Partner specialized in civil, corporate and construction litigation, domestic and international arbitration, administrative law and contract law.
Master’s Degree in Private Law from Universidade de São Paulo, São Paulo, in 1994. Master’s Degree in Civil Law (Diplôme Supérieur de L’Université en Droit Civil) from Université de Droit d’Economie et des Sciences Sociales de Paris, Paris, in 1987.
Bachelor’s Degree in Law from Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro in 1985.
Appointed by Chambers and Partners:
- Star Individual in Dispute Resolution – Arbitration of the Chambers Global 2017, 2018, 2019.
- Star Individual in Dispute Resolution – Arbitration of the Chambers Latin America 2018, 2019.
- Band 1 as Leading Individuals in Dispute Resolution – Arbitration of the Chambers Latin America 2011 to 2020.
- Band 1 as Leading Individuals in Dispute Resolution: Litigation of the Chambers Latin America 2012 to 2020.
- Band 1 as Leading Individuals in Dispute Resolution: Litigation and Arbitration of the Chambers Global 2012 to 2020.
Appointed in the Who’s Who Legal Brazil 2009 to 2020 as Leading Individuals.
Appointed in the Who’s Who Legal Commercial Arbitration in Brazil 2012 to 2020 as Leading Individuals.
Appointed in Legal 500 2016 a 2018 as Leading Individuals, Band 1 in 2019 and 2020.
Former Member of the LCIA Court – The London Court of International Arbitration (2012-2017) – and Former President of its Latin American and Caribbean Users’ Council (2012/2019).
Former Vice Chair of the ICC Comission on Arbitration and ADR.
Former Chair of ICC Brazil´s Arbitration and Mediation Committee.
Professor of Civil Law at Pontifícia Universidade Católica, in Rio de Janeiro.
Author of “O Prejuízo na Fraude contra Credores”, Rio de Janeiro: Renovar, 1997.
Registered with the Brazilian Bar Association, Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo and Brasília chapters.
Foreign languages: English and French.